Sunday. Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday. Saturday. Ever ask yourself where do these weird names come from and why we’ve been taught since elementary school to use them? In the New Testament, they called Sunday “the first day of the week.” So what “weed” sneaked in unaware and planted these pagan names in our vocabulary? About two years ago, in 2014, we wrote an article about this topic. Take time to read it. If you don’t have time, here’s a quickie:
- Sunday is dedicated to the goddess Sunna/Sol
- Monday is the god of the moon, Mani
- Tuesday is the god Tiw
- Wednesday is the god, Wodin/Odin, and also Mercury
- Thursday is the god Thor, and also Jupiter
- Friday is the god, Frige, and also Venus
- Saturday is the god Saturn, associated with the Titan Cronus, father of Zeus and many Olympians (which is why the Olympics is also idolatry). Satan is associated with this day and the planet Saturn.